A snake dinner anyone?
Now, don’t go shakin’ your head
You just might really like it
Not necessarily something to dread
I’ve heard snake is delicious
And there are lots that you can do
To spark and spruce it right up
Whatever works for you
Pour on catsup perhaps?
Or a little bit of red wine?
Mustard or hot sauce?
Whatever you like is fine
Maybe braised or broiled
Or sautéed right in a pan
Add veggies perhaps for stew
Whatever you have on hand
I’d imagine they’re like frog legs
They say frogs taste like chicken
All crispy and deep fried
Hey, it really sounds finger lickin’
So, I’ll tell you what I’ll do
I’m gonna head out very soon
If I get a chance I’ll try some snake
You might sing a different tune!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Snake Dinner by Marilyn Lott )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Stop, Is It Poetry
- O virgin chic..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- गु बाजिबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- A sense of destiny, Mark Heathcote
- Love Is In The Air, Johnny Goyena
- A knight errant!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- I am free to having, gajanan mishra
- Does Anyone Want Beautiful Poems Cried t.., mary douglas
- Largest house., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Tears Of A Rose, Electric Lady