So far, the roads and rues and avenues
Told me, more or less in their jagged way
With their signposts that zigzag here and there
Where to go in my own inimitable way.
There were people who tried, and tired
Left my side: there were moments of grace
But I kept on at my pace.
And weary of it all, I thought
After having come so far
Not to tire out, not to fade out
Without finding what destiny is all about.
Copyright: Rani Turton
Rani Turton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (So Far by Rani Turton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Far, Brandt Nightingale
- Have You Loved An Angel?, Ronald Chapman
- Tohum Dükkanı, Deniz Atay
- Forgetting My Father, Ryan Scales
- Remembering My Father, Ryan Scales
- Senin Değilim, Deniz Atay
- Bir Ok, Bir Şarkı, Deniz Atay
- Small welcome thoughts of mine through t.., binod bastola
- Gül Ailesi, Deniz Atay
- Bırak Unutulsun, Deniz Atay