Is It Poetry
Soft Cotton Squeezed
Cotton rocked back inside that moody patch.
And white washed fence
with songs of the southland
and lazy dusty bottoms
my coon hound and ford pick up
how I prayed.
Eyes inside the curtains
lovely sleep and deeply to reveal
and tongues are slowly moved
back and forth I hear muffled sound.
Brown eyes can't but slowly follow
arresting new sundresses
old and never out of fashion
giving not the sun a yellow thought.
and lazy days
I sip ice tea through a clear long straw
day old butter milk and corn bread
hear it sweetly call.
While salty sweat pools in shadows
cool I find with no regrets
those tanned cotton bottoms tan brown skins.
Southern common sultry post modern looks
seen in a
page turning southern living magazine
while clouds white warm
some are even hot on day's like this
while to most is all I see
Soft cotton squeezed.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Soft Cotton Squeezed by Is It Poetry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Communists Are The Power-hungry People, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain and thunder, Han Min Ohn
- Poem is not bound, gajanan mishra
- Indian English Poetry- A Study In First .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Too much, hasmukh amathalal
- Beer, Britton DeJong
- A Flower Is To See, Not To Kiss Or Smell, Bijay Kant Dubey
- In the forest, Philo Yan
- The Devil Called On Me, louis rams
- Papa Says That The Son Will Make A Name, Bijay Kant Dubey