Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty!
Each kitty's just a ball of fluff,
A teeny-weeny form
And not what you'd first think as tough
And yet it's soft and warm...
And should you hold that kitty near
And look into its eyes,
A sudden thrill will then appear
Before you realise!
That little one looks up to you,
Sees smiles like none before
And though it hasn't got a clue,
Those smiles it can't ignore...
For those with twinkling eyes and smiles
Look kindly once again,
A combination that beguiles,
That's meant to, now and then...
And if your love grows constant, friend,
Your kitty friend's the same,
Thus on your kindness can depend
Each time it hears its name...
To play with rolled-up balls of string,
To chase a torchlight's beam,
Plum-tuckered out from everything,
To pause its paws and dream...
And should it purr with teeny purrs,
You have to hold it close,
It cuddles up when that occurs
And often licks your nose!
It's just its way, but that's enough,
I know it's all it's got,
Each kitty friend's born full of love
And yet it gives the lot!
Denis Martindale, copyright, November 2013.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty! by Denis Martindale )
- The Girl of My Dreams, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Ocean of Dreams, Bill Cantrell
- My Ego & my Wife, Laxman Rao
- Seed of Revenge, Oduro Bright Amoh
- In The Blue, Spiritwind Wood
- Love me when I am afraid to lust, Nancy Handabile
- Chilled Petal, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Yes, We Are Nigeria, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
- 1960, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Days Gone, Spiritwind Wood
Poem of the Day
- Nettles, Vernon Scannell
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet 14 - If thou must love me, let it.., Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY, Vivek Tiwari
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)