A real man contains within himself
The positive source of the Universe.
The qualities that he muscles up affect
Those around him in a positive manner.
He does not apologize for unpopular opinions,
Nor does he cave in to peer pressure.
This man exhibits humility and grace.
He sticks his neck out when he senses injustice,
And tries to right the wrongs he knows are immoral.
Whenever the wind blows, he does not sway.
He draws a line in the sand for his beliefs
And does not cross it.
He does not shy away from conflict.
His spirit cannot and will not be compromised.
He demonstrates recognition for the needs of the less fortunate.
In life's war zone
He is the man.
A soldier of life.
william upton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Soldier by william upton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Each Day I Live a Life and Die!, Monk E. Biz
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz
- Green Flag, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Forest is not Deep, But it is Green, Monk E. Biz
- Know the Depth of the Forest~~~, Monk E. Biz
- An Inexplicable Gift!, Monk E. Biz
- It is shame, gajanan mishra
- A praise or A Satire, Aftab Alam
- Perfection Beyond Yin Yang, Monk E. Biz
- Joint campaign, hasmukh amathalal