Mark R Slaughter
My solitude aches -
Deep within my tissues.
O! why so many issues
For me to bear alone?
My solitude drags -
Hauls me through the mountains.
O! why so many fountains
Of tears for me to bear?
My solitude sucks -
Rips me through its vessel.
O! why this bloody hassle
To weigh my shoulders down?
I'll swap for pain -
A lesser strain
I'll trade for grief -
The lesser thief
But solitude -
The perfect food
To see me screwed
In solitude -
The perfect mood
To see me brood
For those like me
I'm so subdued,
My thoughts extrude -
My brain is stewed!
So don't elude
The final truth:
It's painful here
Copyright © Mark Raymond Slaughter 2009
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Solitude by Mark R Slaughter )
- Watching the tide, Tony Adah
- To My Elder Sister in Old Age..., Dr John Celes
- Villanelle: Trust no one even wife/husba.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Sai Amore (You know honey), Alexander Galbur
- Senyru ' boil ', miken newman
- Lilian, Cherret Leakey
- Power versus Power, Tony Adah
- Fragment, David McLansky
- You're Safe With Me, Michael McParland
- He bought Love, Charles Jagongo
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Sir Walter Raleigh
(1552 - 1618)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)