Mark R Slaughter
My solitude aches -
Deep within my tissues.
O! why so many issues
For me to bear alone?
My solitude drags -
Hauls me through the mountains.
O! why so many fountains
Of tears for me to bear?
My solitude sucks -
Rips me through its vessel.
O! why this bloody hassle
To weigh my shoulders down?
I'll swap for pain -
A lesser strain
I'll trade for grief -
The lesser thief
But solitude -
The perfect food
To see me screwed
In solitude -
The perfect mood
To see me brood
For those like me
I'm so subdued,
My thoughts extrude -
My brain is stewed!
So don't elude
The final truth:
It's painful here
Copyright © Mark Raymond Slaughter 2009
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Solitude by Mark R Slaughter )
Did you read them?
- I am Thy Woman O my Protector, Aftab Alam
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #12, Ronjoy Brahma
- Wandering With Affliction, Donald R Charon
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #11, Ronjoy Brahma
- Thoughtful Interlude, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Another Look At Easter, Denis Martindale
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #10, Ronjoy Brahma
- Lost Love Redux, Robert Kane
- When I see u, dipa bhattacharyya
- This Flower, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns