You can never really know a person
Know what they think, know what they do
When no one can see
Behind closed doors people are different,
Behind closed doors people are themselves,
Behind closed doors people are real.
The person no one sees
The person locked away,
Is the person they’re afraid to be
Away from others people do dreadful things,
Away from others people see things differently,
Away from others people hide their dreams.
Everyone cares what others think
No matter what they say or do,
They’re trying to hide something deep inside
Some day all doors will be open,
Some day all words will be spoken,
Some day no ones dreams will be broken.
But judging by the world today
That ‘Some day’ is far away,
It would be a miracle if we see that day
But now it’s time to say goodnight,
Before I run out of things to write,
So… goodnight and sleep tight.
26th August 2007
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Some day by Hopeless Heart )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wildly Spinning Dirt Clod, Monk E. Biz
- Moon -haiku, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- The Right Time, Sandra Feldman
- Forces at Play, Liilia Talts Morrison
- A Kind of Vertigo, douglas scotney
- Sacaificed, Tony Ford
- Gay parade, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neighbor, Katie Doty
- department stores give me a headache, Mandolyn ...
- Secrets Hidden By The Side Of The Road, Is It Poetry