You can never really know a person
Know what they think, know what they do
When no one can see
Behind closed doors people are different,
Behind closed doors people are themselves,
Behind closed doors people are real.
The person no one sees
The person locked away,
Is the person they’re afraid to be
Away from others people do dreadful things,
Away from others people see things differently,
Away from others people hide their dreams.
Everyone cares what others think
No matter what they say or do,
They’re trying to hide something deep inside
Some day all doors will be open,
Some day all words will be spoken,
Some day no ones dreams will be broken.
But judging by the world today
That ‘Some day’ is far away,
It would be a miracle if we see that day
But now it’s time to say goodnight,
Before I run out of things to write,
So… goodnight and sleep tight.
26th August 2007
Hopeless Heart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Some day by Hopeless Heart )
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
- Be What You Are, Lilly Emery
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Do without It, Anirudh Rawat
- Don't Be Afraid, Lilly Emery
- Be, Andy Caldwell
- Tree saplings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)