Shalom Freedman (Troy New York)
Some Say An 'Asteroid'
SOME SAY AN ‘ASTEROID’
Some say an asteroid
And others a sulphur sea-
Some say we will do it to ourselves
And others claim it is only a matter of nature’s time-
The sun will burn itself out
And earth will be eaten in the fire-
Some say it will not be us who goes on
But something else which came from us,
And that far from Earth
What we are will continue
In countless different directions.
I don’t know what will be with us.
I know before we know
I will die-
And all the questions of our end will be open
When my case is forever closed.
Another organism primate- hunter- man- machine
Humanity by itself alone
Has not saved.
Poet Other Poems
- 18 Definitions Of A Short Poem
- 18 Definitions Of Poetry
- A Day Is Ending and Nothing Has Been Don...
- A Day Is Gone
- A Day Without Poetry
- A Day Without Poetry/Is A Lost Day
- A Few Kind Words
- A Friend Is Gone (For Alex Auswaks)
- A Grandchild Gives New Hope In Life
- A Great And Unusual Happiness
- A Great Man Died
- A Lesson From Sam Berns Of Blessed Memor...
- A Life Is Lived The Way It Is Lived
- A Little Poem/ At Heart A Home
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.