Some Say An 'Asteroid'
SOME SAY AN ‘ASTEROID’
Some say an asteroid
And others a sulphur sea-
Some say we will do it to ourselves
And others claim it is only a matter of nature’s time-
The sun will burn itself out
And earth will be eaten in the fire-
Some say it will not be us who goes on
But something else which came from us,
And that far from Earth
What we are will continue
In countless different directions.
I don’t know what will be with us.
I know before we know
I will die-
And all the questions of our end will be open
When my case is forever closed.
Another organism primate- hunter- man- machine
Humanity by itself alone
Has not saved.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Some Say An 'Asteroid' by Shalom Freedman )
Did you read them?
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke