Some Say An 'Asteroid'
SOME SAY AN ‘ASTEROID’
Some say an asteroid
And others a sulphur sea-
Some say we will do it to ourselves
And others claim it is only a matter of nature’s time-
The sun will burn itself out
And earth will be eaten in the fire-
Some say it will not be us who goes on
But something else which came from us,
And that far from Earth
What we are will continue
In countless different directions.
I don’t know what will be with us.
I know before we know
I will die-
And all the questions of our end will be open
When my case is forever closed.
Another organism primate- hunter- man- machine
Humanity by itself alone
Has not saved.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Some Say An 'Asteroid' by Shalom Freedman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Postcard For The Tin Soldier In Tintypes.., mary douglas
- I Submit, I Am Krakatoa
- till the last blood, binod bastola
- When Public Limited Company Goes Under, Terence G. Craddock
- We are three friends, gajanan mishra
- Single march, hasmukh amathalal
- It is unpleasant to live with mental uns.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What to tell, hasmukh amathalal
- HAPPINESS, LIFE & LOVE, Tom Zart
- Born Again, Tony Adah