Could it be true?
Sometimes I think about your wish...
That someday you would write me too
The way I have written you
And though that may be a remote possibility,
I still hope and pray that someday
it would become a reality...
I wish that day would come
Sometime in the near future
Although no one really knows
What tomorrow brings
Only time can tell,
Oh, how my heart would swell!
If and when that day comes,
I hope it means that-
You've found it in your heart
to tell me things I never knew
You have made a leap of faith
You are more trusting too
You've become more open
You have more understanding,
You have finally allowed me to be
closer to you...
You have become more important to me
You and I can be together
You and I can share the best of everything
You and I are the best of friends
You and I will never part
You are there for me
as I am for you for the rest of my days...
Whatever the future brings
I hope that someday
somewhere we will meet again...
And when that happens,
it will be like-
seeing a long winter turn to spring
watching a beautiful sunrise together
welcoming the rains after a dry spell
holding hands under the starlight
making all my dreams come true
when all these things will be
possible because of you!
But even if that day wouldn't come
I would still be thankful for -
having met you in my lifetime
having known you as a true friend
having spent time together
as if there's no tomorrow
having held your hands
as if not wanting to let you go
having you in my arms
as if you were mine
having kissed your sweet lips
for that magical kiss...
Truly you have always made me feel good
and special like this...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Someday by Johnny Goyena )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Kazi Nazrul Islam
(24 May 1899 - 29 August 1976)
(1330 - 1390)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- A New Year Prayer of Blessings, Paul Sebastian
- Haiku 10 (A Flower Stands), Paul Sebastian
- Life Goes Clockwise, But..., Richard Blay
- Face the Wind, Paul Sebastian
- The three happy men are in the world, no.., Yuri Starostin
- Far away stare, Cee Bea
- N.D.F.B. Lai katna jau, Pankazz koirala Upadhayaya
- Ayandolu, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Unspoiled Love, Sergi Dutronc
- Surrender The Anguish, lingering stupor