RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Tables set in lace, holding plates of food, pictures all around
the house, portraying images of mother, sister, wife - a woman
of great love.
Bedroom no longer containing a bed, it has become a shrine of
statues, flowers and pictures in loving memory of her instead.
Family gathered together mourning her passing through tears,
hearts gently breaking with the sorrow held closely inside.
Children close together, each enveloped in a space of sadness
all their own.
Comprehending death is an individual endeavor, each person is
on a separate path, feeling the sorrow pulling at their own
One son, retarded from birth, sitting in his usual chair by
the door is dressed in a suit.
Kneeling before him, taking his hand in mine, he blurts out
like a child, 'my Mom is gone - she's dead'.
Tears hurrying from his eyes as he openly cries for her,
gently hugging, comforting him in his lost sorrow, I pray
for him because he has lost his mother and cannot understand
like the others.
He has been washed ashore on an island of pain all his own, a
child - yet grown.
Beauty of his mother, shines brightly from his soul, reaching
out, looking for solace with crystal clear eyes of sorrow,
having lost the joy of past tomorrows.
Family soon will come back to the home, sitting, eating,
talking with one another, remembering the good times and
wonderful memories they all shared with their Mom.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Someone's Mother by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Mission: Fission Or Fusion, Aftab Alam
- My broken heart Transcends, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
- There be a whole civilization, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Under the Flag of Civilization, Emmanuel George Cefai
- United in flying, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Poet Seer in parable., Emmanuel George Cefai
- There was a Poet Seer and the people gat.., Emmanuel George Cefai
- We are meant, hasmukh amathalal
- I Dare Not To Tell You., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- ' Emeralds And Black Diamon.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- ' In This Autumn Of The Yea.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
(A Collection of Select Works...)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)