I want you to be, something you can never be,
Something you could never feel, deep inside of me.
I want you to see something; something you could never see.
Something you could never dream,
That’s always been inside of me.
Something someone said,
Stuck in my mind and affected my head.
Something someone should have been,
Fades away with apathy,
Something you will never be,
Is truly into me.
Now all I can do, is learn to hate something
Something or anything, nothing with integrity,
No dislike of apathy, for it has no reaction,
All I hate is all I love, for all it has is what I need.
Passion, reaction, satisfaction,
You used to give me all of these.
But you will never be anything,
When we could have been everything,
We chose to be nothing real.
But we could still chose to be something,
If only we could remember how to feel.
(C) 2013 Aa Harvey. All Rights Reserved.
AaI Harvey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Something by AaI Harvey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The American Dream, Is It Poetry
- The One Nobody Wants, Paul Burt
- Beauty Of Another Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Resilience, Skyline's Vermillion Intermi.., Ryan Scales
- strayed desires, Asma Riaz Khan
- Kill me............, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Let me salute you, gajanan mishra
- Life is Beautiful, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Changing Landscapes Of Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- should i add this to our Irish stew?, Mandolyn ...