Sometimes we see, but do not look
Sometimes we hear, but do not listen
Sometimes we know, but do not care
Sometimes we shout, but do not dare.
Sometimes we speak, but not from the heart
Sometimes we race, but only to outdo others
Sometimes we breathe, but do not live
Sometimes we’re there, but do not belong.
Sometimes we hope, even in despair
Sometimes we hurt, even though we care
Sometimes we set out, even with no direction
Sometimes we wait, even though there’s no reason.
Sometimes we want, even though there’s abundant
Sometimes we swim, even though we’re against the current
Sometimes we rejoice, even though there’s sorrow all over
Sometimes we play, even though the game is over.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sometimes... by Gita Ashok )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I preach peace, hasmukh amathalal
- हम क्यों ज्यादा आग्रही और हठी है ham kyo, hasmukh amathalal
- Here is to an Endless Musing, James Darwin Smith II
- Puppetry, Naveed Khalid
- Clover, Naveed Khalid
- Me, Tony Adah
- The darkness of depression, Katharine Wonham
- Believe In Love, Naveed Akram
- When You Speak to Your God, Robert Kane
- A Perception Of Love., richard harris