Sometimes Said The Pixie
I feel I don’t belong
In this world
Such as when I sit in a chair
And my back doesn’t touch it’s back
And my feet swing a few inches
Above the floor.
Or when I sit at a table
And the wooden tabletop is level
With my neck.
Or having to climb on a chair
To reach the second shelf.
Then there are the Looks
One gets from Them.
The Amused Look
They give me when I ask Them
To get something down
That I couldn’t quite reach.
The Surprised Look
From the Ticket-Lady
When I pay the full adult price.
The Pity Look
I get while watching Men dance with Women
Who come up to Their chins
And not the middle of Their chests.
For the rest of my life
It would be this way,
Out of place
In a World of massive, oversized proportions.
I wonder how I seem to Them,
The Giants who give me the Pity Look;
And I wonder how they would do
In a world fitted for me.
Ariel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sometimes Said The Pixie by Ariel )
- Contained Essence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It's The Noise, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Gumsum Gumsum, Akhtar Jawad
- Workmates?, Over The Moon
- Some way or other, gajanan mishra
- A Piece Of My Love., Philip Mutuku
- I Am Time, Time, Indelible, Indestructib.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cambridge -Seat of Learning., Geoffrey Fafard
- Disharmony......, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Time Is Not Staying In Place, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)