Son Of God
Kings of the Earth, were you not told?
Messiah must be born!
And though His heart is good as gold,
One day He stands forlorn...
And eyes shall fall when blessed hopes fade,
How can this be the Christ?
For there He stands as one betrayed,
Good Shepherd sacrificed!
Behold the Man! His hands, His feet!
Behold what Man has done!
His mortal flesh to scourge and beat
And yet... Behold God's Son!
The Lamb of God is here!
Passover Lamb, He dies for them...
His life to volunteer...
Oh, foolish kings, advised by pride,
Though fear rules you supreme,
You would not watch Him crucified,
Nor share that awful dream,
Nor bear one mark upon your backs
To save another's soul,
While on His cross no courage lacks,
As He maintains control...
For there He stays, no angels called,
No drug to soothe the pain,
As Mother Mary weeps appalled
At every new blood stain...
But grace prevails, one thief rejects
And yet another prays,
In paying Jesus Christ respects,
The Saviour then repays...
For Paradise is but God's grace,
Forgiveness from a friend,
A symbol for the Human Race,
Before each sinner's end...
Then final breaths came to the Lord,
His work on Earth was done!
And so today we stand assured
In loving Christ, God's Son!
For written ancient years ago
Within both praise and psalm,
His light would set the world aglow,
Despite this present harm...
Back from the prison Man calls Death,
The Son of God must rise!
Behold Jesus of Nazareth!
God's King before your eyes!
Denis Martindale, copyright, March 2014.
The Easter poem is based upon the film called SON OF GOD.
GOD TV and Revelation TV websites and their watch now
details can be found on Google. Seek and ye shall find...
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Son Of God by Denis Martindale )
- Some way or other, gajanan mishra
- A Piece Of My Love., Philip Mutuku
- I Am Time, Time, Indelible, Indestructib.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cambridge -Seat of Learning., Geoffrey Fafard
- Disharmony......, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Time Is Not Staying In Place, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- If Not Homespun, Scott J. Shepard
- Gifts, Scott J. Shepard
- Courage, Scott J. Shepard
- For Those Who Starve, Scott J. Shepard
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)