Song, Heart in my breast... - translation (rus.)
From film 'The merry boys' ('Vesyolye rebyata')
Music: Isaak Dunaevsky
Text: Vasily Lebedev-Kumach
The original singer is Lyubov Orlova
1. I'm burning hot - I don't know why for? ...
Heart, do you know the truth?
Ah, why in love from the people we ought
Only one man to choose?
Heart in my breast
Beats like a bird's flapping
And I wish so to know my fate,
And I wish to be quite happy.
2. Joy sings a song, as a starling in sping,
Life's so warm and so bright.
If I had ten hearts, I'd surely give
All to him, only him.
http: //pesnifilm.ru/load/veselye_rebjata/serdce_quot_v eselye_rebjata_quot/111-1-0-700
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Song, Heart in my breast... - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Lucy Gray, or Solitude, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Well-Worn Story, Dorothy Parker
Poem of the Day
- More we walked., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Goodnight Sweet Love 3, Michael P. McParland
- Undercurrent, Asma Riaz Khan
- Ballade [The goat scratches so much it c.., François Villon
- Love Note 6, Michael P. McParland
- Sending Words about Overnight in Fishing.., Luo Zhihai
- Give me 'all of you', Juwon Daniel
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel