Lyudmila Purgina (Russian Federation)
Song, Heart in my breast... - translation (rus.)
From film 'The merry boys' ('Vesyolye rebyata')
Music: Isaak Dunaevsky
Text: Vasily Lebedev-Kumach
The original singer is Lyubov Orlova
1. I'm burning hot - I don't know why for? ...
Heart, do you know the truth?
Ah, why in love from the people we ought
Only one man to choose?
Heart in my breast
Beats like a bird's flapping
And I wish so to know my fate,
And I wish to be quite happy.
2. Joy sings a song, as a starling in sping,
Life's so warm and so bright.
If I had ten hearts, I'd surely give
All to him, only him.
http: //pesnifilm.ru/load/veselye_rebjata/serdce_quot_v eselye_rebjata_quot/111-1-0-700
Poet Other Poems
- A burden
- A haunting melody - rabbit n fox
- A Key
- A little loss
- A love to power
- A needle
- A point
- A rest, which's...
- A.Akhmatova, A sobbing Autumn - translat...
- A.Akhmatova, And in time, when we did cu...
- A.Akhmatova, And there in corner my marb...
- A.Akhmatova, Echo - translation (rus.)
- A.Akhmatova, Grasped my hands... - trans...
- A.Akhmatova, I heard a voice. - Translat...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.