Song, Heart in my breast... - translation (rus.)
From film 'The merry boys' ('Vesyolye rebyata')
Music: Isaak Dunaevsky
Text: Vasily Lebedev-Kumach
The original singer is Lyubov Orlova
1. I'm burning hot - I don't know why for? ...
Heart, do you know the truth?
Ah, why in love from the people we ought
Only one man to choose?
Heart in my breast
Beats like a bird's flapping
And I wish so to know my fate,
And I wish to be quite happy.
2. Joy sings a song, as a starling in sping,
Life's so warm and so bright.
If I had ten hearts, I'd surely give
All to him, only him.
http: //pesnifilm.ru/load/veselye_rebjata/serdce_quot_v eselye_rebjata_quot/111-1-0-700
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Song, Heart in my breast... - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Prime Truth - 95, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 94, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Whatever Happened?, Mark Kosek
- Prime Truth - 93, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Lacertilian Writers, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Painful Throbbing Tides, Michael McParland
- This World, Sandra Feldman
- Prime Truth - 92, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Gold Star Mother, Charles Hancock
- Oooooohgust, Ferdinand L Quintos