RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Songs Of Silence
Songs of silence held inside, rhythms belonging to inner
solitude and quiet.
Volumes left unsaid throughout the ages, drenched in fear,
not able to be expressed.
Fully realizing nothing can be said, nothing can be done,
for never is a voice jumping from the quiet.
Understanding depths split from unparted lips, forming no
words to bring about any knowledge of understanding.
Talking only through the sense of sight, no one can explain
the truth explicitly enough for another.
Standing in an empty pit, silence falls and cannot bring
about a song.
Only sounds of silence form inside where it's quiet, never
venturing outside in any way to find out about life on
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Songs Of Silence by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Mixed Up, Ima Ryma
- Unseen water, Pintu Mahakul
- _Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- AN EMOTIONAL STORY I COULDN'T TELL, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid