Songs Set To Music: 25.
Since, Moggy, I mun bid adieu,
How can I help despairing?
Let cruel Fate us still pursue,
There's nought more worth my caring.
'Twas she alone could calm my soul
When racking thoughts did grieve me;
Her eyes my trouble could control,
And into joys deceive me.
Farewell ye brooks! no more along
Your banks mun I be walking;
No more you'll hear my pipe or song,
Or pretty Moggy's talking.
But I by death an end will give
To grief since we mun sever;
For who can after parting live,
Ought to be wretched ever.
Matthew Prior's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Songs Set To Music: 25. by Matthew Prior )
- Devil's Darkness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Where is justice?, gajanan mishra
- Silent Voices - Heartbroken Sounds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Stumble And Fall, Maurice Rowlands
- Love others, gajanan mishra
- Thoughts of Perfection, michael walkerjohn
- Coffee & cream, Mark Heathcote
- An African Woman Unfolds, michael walkerjohn
- The Daughter of the Earth - 43, gajanan mishra
- Prove your presence, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Go Back to May 1937, Sharon Olds
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(November 19, 1942)