i turned my eye toward the future
and watched as lemurians returned.
stars guided sea. the weather
grew tempest. heavenly calm burned.
the sun's eye lifted gracious head
over civilizations. its clear beam
shed through time. time was dead.
eternity consumed all. from a dream
we had awoken. a single stone tablet
stood in our midst. we touched it.
we understood. hieroglyphics archaic,
a dot vibration of peace our minds lit.
the phoenix had arisen over ash of earth.
Man reborn, it was Kosmic Culture birth!
doug bentley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
A Grand Cycle is about 26,000 years in duration. The start of the 12th Grand Cycle would have been during the Lemurian period, a time for which geological and archaeological evidence exists.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet 32 by doug bentley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Christmas Bells, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Where I Am #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- Darkness #2, Holly Wotherspoon
- Last Minute Christmas Eve 1964, mary douglas
- Darkness #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- I Don't Want, Michael P. McParland
- Red Tulips, Holly Wotherspoon
- Holding On, Michael P. McParland
- Holding You Tight, Michael P. McParland
- Hold On, Michael P. McParland
- Just Wasn't Deep Enough, Kyle Schlicher