i turned my eye toward the future
and watched as lemurians returned.
stars guided sea. the weather
grew tempest. heavenly calm burned.
the sun's eye lifted gracious head
over civilizations. its clear beam
shed through time. time was dead.
eternity consumed all. from a dream
we had awoken. a single stone tablet
stood in our midst. we touched it.
we understood. hieroglyphics archaic,
a dot vibration of peace our minds lit.
the phoenix had arisen over ash of earth.
Man reborn, it was Kosmic Culture birth!
doug bentley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
A Grand Cycle is about 26,000 years in duration. The start of the 12th Grand Cycle would have been during the Lemurian period, a time for which geological and archaeological evidence exists.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet 32 by doug bentley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- LOVE VS. LONELINESS, Beryl Dov
- GRACIOUSNESS 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Magnum Opus 10 words, Beryl Dov
- Christmas in July, Marilyn Lott
- Fountains, Tom Squires
- Recognized goodness, gajanan mishra
- Disenfranchised From Your Mind, Captain Cur
- Say never that you are doing, gajanan mishra
- No use to act, hasmukh amathalal
- जागँर, Aayush Pandey