Sonnet about tap dancing
An airy tune play flavors we adore
Generate the breathe of vibrant sound,
Tap politely crescendo shoes on the floor
Dance stance move lightly off the ground.
Into this movement of swing and speed,
Trapped charm in space by metallic plates,
The choreography steps and style succeed,
To shuffle the dances combination creates.
Unique blend for either student or enjoyment
Evoke rhythm flames with creative elements
Known and shown where originality meant,
Entertainment display enthuse the movements.
By arts the intent of skill is given for learning,
Magical poetry found in the thrill of dancing.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sonnet about tap dancing by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Blessing of Begetting Children (Section7.., rajendran muthiah
- Animal rights., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- O Fanantic, I Can Se It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Man, Where Will You Go With Your Funda.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gently Stirs The Breeze, Rondeau, Captain Cur
- She, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Back To The Beginning, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Honour Killing, What Will You Get Killin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The bark, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- This Is India, Here A Village Fool Can A.., Bijay Kant Dubey