Sonnet about tap dancing
An airy tune play flavors we adore
Generate the breathe of vibrant sound,
Tap politely crescendo shoes on the floor
Dance stance move lightly off the ground.
Into this movement of swing and speed,
Trapped charm in space by metallic plates,
The choreography steps and style succeed,
To shuffle the dances combination creates.
Unique blend for either student or enjoyment
Evoke rhythm flames with creative elements
Known and shown where originality meant,
Entertainment display enthuse the movements.
By arts the intent of skill is given for learning,
Magical poetry found in the thrill of dancing.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sonnet about tap dancing by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Woodsmen Day, Doris Beaulieu
- stamp, Alvinzor Flores
- Darkness of the Day, Pintu Mahakul
- A cigar aficionado, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The City, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Heartless, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- A Certain Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Brel2, David McLansky
- Untouched, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Being Enriched, RoseAnn V. Shawiak