Dr John Celes
Sonnet: Another Hasty Act!
Another life has left ahead of time!
-A decision imprudent and hasty;
Man's priceless life gone for less than a dime?
Death has devoured a human soul, tasty!
Nevertheless, we must take blame for acts;
None can excuse a rash and foolish act;
No suicide can be reasoned by facts;
Such social evils must be curbed by tact.
The greatest gift of love from God is life;
No one has right to take away his own;
We must maintain our cool despite all strife;
No learned man should any day turn clown!
God, show your mercy on this soul as well;
Let not this act put him on road to hell!
'May the soul, rest in peace! '
Copyright by Dr John Celes 19-06-12
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: Another Hasty Act! by Dr John Celes )
- All opposites are ours, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Change of Thought, Scott J. Shepard
- Will They Never Know The Looking Glass W.., mary douglas
- For You, Foster Teegarden
- Erectile Dysfunction, Foster Teegarden
- AS SEPTEMBER 21 KNOCKS AT MY DOOR ONCE A.., M.D Dinesh Nair
- The moment اللحظة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SES, Andy Caldwell
- drunken beauty, lee fones
- My beloved, Reza parhizgar
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)