Dr John Celes
Sonnet: I Missed My Love!
Love you I did but truly in my heart!
Afraid I was to tell you, lest it hurt;
And neither did I know the loving art;
Nor things did happen our way from the start.
Let me take blame in mind, spirit, body;
My love was great of a higher level!
Tongue-tied I was and never shrewd, wordy;
My love isn’t lost; in life I still revel.
Just when I thought I must express my love,
I heard that you were already engaged!
Marriage is decided by One above;
And so, I had to come to terms dismayed.
Humans could love but all well can’t marry!
I wish I was in love with a Fairy!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: I Missed My Love! by Dr John Celes )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Anecdote of the Jar, Wallace Stevens
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Indian Weavers, Sarojini Naidu
Poem of the Day
- New Birth, Paul Sebastian
- First Encounter - Tan Sri Clement Hii, john tiong chunghoo
- I Chose To Mickey With The Mouse, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Honey-Bee Lover, Paul Sebastian
- How real is This Truth?, michael walkerjohn
- What Bhagavad Gita is not, Bashyam Narayanan
- Sold, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Pain, Pain Knows No Race, Hebert Logerie
- God's Hands Of Love, Tom Zart
- Alone, Samantha Gronn