Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
Sonnet: I Missed My Love!
Love you I did but truly in my heart!
Afraid I was to tell you, lest it hurt;
And neither did I know the loving art;
Nor things did happen our way from the start.
Let me take blame in mind, spirit, body;
My love was great of a higher level!
Tongue-tied I was and never shrewd, wordy;
My love isn’t lost; in life I still revel.
Just when I thought I must express my love,
I heard that you were already engaged!
Marriage is decided by One above;
And so, I had to come to terms dismayed.
Humans could love but all well can’t marry!
I wish I was in love with a Fairy!
Poet Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.