Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
Sonnet: The Advent of Spring
The winter sun is dazzling overhead!
Its beauteous beams break through the boughs of trees;
The leafless branches, twigs seem as if dead;
Then winter’s silhouette almost near, will cease.
Some rain and mist has wet the earth with dew;
And soon, all trees will sprout forth leaves as well;
The snow has melted and the ground looks new;
’Tis time for spring to cast her magic spell!
The chillness lessens, month turns lesser cold;
The landscape changed will wear her raiment green;
Soon butterflies and insects will enfold;
The spring that comes will spread a splendid sheen!
Its flora, fauna, newer life will bring,
As end of winter marks the dawn of spring.
Copyright by Dr John Celes 21-09-2013
Poet Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.