Dr John Celes
Sonnet: The World Needs Lasting Peace
The world when made by God was most perfect,
As creation was based on love divine;
First sin of parents first was prime defect,
And fallen angels made the world less shine.
The peace of Eden Adam, Eve had seen
Became a thirst that worsened upon earth;
A rare commodity, thus peace has been,
As time is wasted getting peace, so dearth.
But birth of Jesus brought back heav’nly peace,
As sinners were forgiven by the Lord;
Thus peace of mind and heart were got with ease,
As man followed the Scripture’s every Word.
Lord Jesus said, ‘Peace-makers were all blest! ’
As love returns to every home, heart, nest.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: The World Needs Lasting Peace by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- My Pillow, Lilly Emery
- ziel, co the skipper
- What You Given Me, Lilly Emery
- Just Open Your Eyes, Ronell Warren Alman
- Margarita, Margarita Kamal
- sometimes dead is better, Mandolyn Davidson
- it's a good thing we never were, Mandolyn Davidson
- Great And Noble Nations, David Harris
- i'm aging. it's in the script., Mandolyn Davidson
- tripping the alarm on a nightmare, Mandolyn Davidson