Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
Sonnet: The World Needs Lasting Peace
The world when made by God was most perfect,
As creation was based on love divine;
First sin of parents first was prime defect,
And fallen angels made the world less shine.
The peace of Eden Adam, Eve had seen
Became a thirst that worsened upon earth;
A rare commodity, thus peace has been,
As time is wasted getting peace, so dearth.
But birth of Jesus brought back heav’nly peace,
As sinners were forgiven by the Lord;
Thus peace of mind and heart were got with ease,
As man followed the Scripture’s every Word.
Lord Jesus said, ‘Peace-makers were all blest! ’
As love returns to every home, heart, nest.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.