Dr John Celes
Sonnet- The World Today(14)
People with intact eyes, yet appear blind;
Peop1e with alert ears seem not to hear;
People with intact nose, no sme11 can find;
People with every joy appear to tear.
People are cheats and cheat themselves all life;
People tell lies to men and to themselves;
People well-off, appear to be in strife;
People are bad and appear worse than Elves.
The world is bad and so people turn bad;
The world isn’t true and so people are not;
The world is mad and so people turn mad;
The world's a show and people simply plot.
And people waste their time and waste others';
And people aren't true to their own brothers.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet- The World Today(14) by Dr John Celes )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke