Dr John Celes
Sonnet- The World Today(14)
People with intact eyes, yet appear blind;
Peop1e with alert ears seem not to hear;
People with intact nose, no sme11 can find;
People with every joy appear to tear.
People are cheats and cheat themselves all life;
People tell lies to men and to themselves;
People well-off, appear to be in strife;
People are bad and appear worse than Elves.
The world is bad and so people turn bad;
The world isn’t true and so people are not;
The world is mad and so people turn mad;
The world's a show and people simply plot.
And people waste their time and waste others';
And people aren't true to their own brothers.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet- The World Today(14) by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Stinking hero, Nassy Fesharaki
- Study, Clare Walsh
- Have patience like the earth, gajanan mishra
- Rain, Joseph Paintsil
- Haiku, Noah Body
- Capitalist List Esteem Apex Peak Cut Down, Terence G. Craddock
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock