Dr John Celes
Sonnet- Thousand’th Sonnet Of Doctor John Celes
A Doctor-Bard of India, at last writ,
A thousand sonnets in a record time;
And soon his face will be on earth limelit!
God’s Muse’s gift will make his life sublime.
Serendipitously, God gave this gift!
The humble Bard took up the challenge great;
He wrote two thousand poems very swift;
A world-record in Poetry till date.
The Bard was very sad when he began;
His sadness has not quit his life as yet;
With God beside, there’s no worry for man;
The Sonnet-King has world placed in his debt!
Great things have humble beginnings in life;
But, man must never give up ev’n in strife.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet- Thousand’th Sonnet Of Doctor John Celes by Dr John Celes )
- You're Safe With Me, Michael McParland
- He bought Love, Charles Jagongo
- No veg', george albot
- All a Round, Ima Ryma
- And now, hold my hands O mortal!, Preeth Nambiar
- Kaamnaa (DESIRE), Aftab Alam
- Truth is his name, Aftab Alam
- Train to destiny, Aftab Alam
- The Best Day, Meriam Joseph
- Harken, The Rain comest, Sir Toby Moses
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Soldier, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)