Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
Sonnet: U’Khand Ravaged
The land that once was famous for worship
Has few villages, houses and inmates,
Now steeped in misery and great hardship,
As rain and flood-waters slowly abates!
A giant cloud-burst changed the mountain-sides,
As flood swept buildings, roads and people down,
And thousands got buried under landslides
Of mud and boulders, corpses still unkown!
Once-vibrant land in ruins now remains!
What wrath of God has come upon this place?
What Nature’s fury got unleashed by rains!
When will the smile return to this old face?
Have mercy God on human beings, Oh!
The Maker does some things you never know.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.