Dr John Celes
Sonnet: When Angry!
Help me, O God, to hold my anger fast;
I must be cool while facing foolish mobs;
Their irritating methods cannot last;
Their misdemeanor gives me extra sobs!
In angry mood, mind’s function can be lost;
Avengeful is the angry heart of man;
Even the life of one, anger can cost;
Anger reduces the human life-span.
Control your anger ’fore it ruin brings;
An angry man can’t think or reason out;
An angry muse cannot unfurl its wings;
When anger strikes, man has about God doubt!
Just inhibit the vicious emotion;
Anger works like a dementing potion!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 7-24-2006
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: When Angry! by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Emotions Kept Inside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Yehi Karna Hay to Insan Banata Keyun Hay, Akhtar Jawad
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal
- Mama's Black Breast, Ozioma Anieto