Dr John Celes
Sonnet: When Angry!
Help me, O God, to hold my anger fast;
I must be cool while facing foolish mobs;
Their irritating methods cannot last;
Their misdemeanor gives me extra sobs!
In angry mood, mind’s function can be lost;
Avengeful is the angry heart of man;
Even the life of one, anger can cost;
Anger reduces the human life-span.
Control your anger ’fore it ruin brings;
An angry man can’t think or reason out;
An angry muse cannot unfurl its wings;
When anger strikes, man has about God doubt!
Just inhibit the vicious emotion;
Anger works like a dementing potion!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 7-24-2006
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: When Angry! by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Wish You A Good Day, Rimni chakravarty
- Rockin' Socks and Paradox, Monk E. Biz
- Love dale, SALINI NAIR
- Ghost, Jhonas Lumanlan
- Eagerly I want to go with you, Gert Strydom
- Prayer and Women, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Love is far more than just lust or desir.., Gert Strydom
- Lie To Me, Rouren Torres
- The Fight, Robert Melliard
- Paying Taxes, Randy McClave