Dr John Celes
Sonnet: When Angry!
Help me, O God, to hold my anger fast;
I must be cool while facing foolish mobs;
Their irritating methods cannot last;
Their misdemeanor gives me extra sobs!
In angry mood, mind’s function can be lost;
Avengeful is the angry heart of man;
Even the life of one, anger can cost;
Anger reduces the human life-span.
Control your anger ’fore it ruin brings;
An angry man can’t think or reason out;
An angry muse cannot unfurl its wings;
When anger strikes, man has about God doubt!
Just inhibit the vicious emotion;
Anger works like a dementing potion!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 7-24-2006
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: When Angry! by Dr John Celes )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 March 1941 -)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
Poem of the Day
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Plum Pudding Much Needed, Vera Sidhwa
- The River, bryan wallace
- Strides, Vera Sidhwa
- The Snowdrop, bryan wallace
- Overload, bryan wallace