Going around in circles,
beneath my eyes are bluish black,
there's nothing new,
no one I wanna talk to.
Nothing I wanna think about,
I got soul doubt.
I stick my head out the window,
Instead of air, I get glass stuck to my head.
The city's sounding
And I can't seem to stop the pounding.
Can't keep my thoughts from flying around.
Not sure what I'm thinking about.
I got soul doubt.
A shameless display,
wearing a smile full of pain.
A frameless Erte,
a painting without a signiture.
She's waiting for someone to save her.
As I pass her I see Cinderella.
She doesn't fit the slipper.
Like she fits a bottle of liquor.
There's no one to take her way.
Her eyes meet mine, she sees right through me.
The question is asked, what you gonna do for me?
I don't want nothin, just a connection.
I gotta know what she's all about cuz I know she's been there.
I stick my head out the window again,
this time seeing a thousand faces all too clear.
They wear the same expression I've seen in my face.
So many times, I know exactly how they feel.
I know exactly what they think about.
They've got soul doubt.
Valerie Chase's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Soul Doubt by Valerie Chase )
- iphone6+▣오피뷰▣ 동묘오피 대전오피 논란「OPGANDA/COM」, cisnkxld cisnkxld
- THAT TWINKLE IN GOD'S EYES, michael walkerjohn
- Heart aches bleed, Brian Kilpatrick
- The feed on the darkness, Brian Kilpatrick
- Suffocation, Leong Ming Loong
- My Mind's Eye, Margaret Alice Second
- Ego, Leong Ming Loong
- OPGANDA/COM≡오피뷰≡ UEFA ∥강서오피대박∥▣∥종로오피∥, cisnkxld cisnkxld
- iphone6+▣오피뷰▣ 서초오피 동대문오피 논란「OPGANDA/COM」, cisnkxld cisnkxld
- Am I a cynic?, Khairul Ahsan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)