In this vast earth
Where will I find the one
With whom I have a strong bond?
Will my search be extensive?
Oh, that thought alone leaves me pensive
Will it be difficult to find my life partner?
In a restaurant, will our eyes lock on each other?
Will our paths cross on the street
Or through trails, as we hike in the heat?
Soulmate … a mate for my soul
Where will I find the one who makes me whole?
One who shares my interests
My love for nature, my passion for fitness?
Who finds comfort in quiet and solitude
One with a zest for life, a positive attitude.
Who lifts my spirits and make me laugh?
I have nothing much to offer, nothing but love and compassion
In my caring ways, he will find satisfaction
For I am his soul mate, the mate of his soul.
In his down times, I will console.
In many moments of happiness and joy
His soul and mine together will soar.
United we are, from a spark ignited
Like match to kindling, fire combusted!
If you’re out there, do you hear my soul call?
Listen, listen from the depths of my soul.
It is whispering love in your ear, hearken
Meant to be one, you and I together, united.
Kathleen Reguindin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Soulmate by Kathleen Reguindin )
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love inspired meetings inspire, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Autumn, Deborah Kelley
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Keep On Groovin', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Benefits For Them Do Not Exist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come close, hasmukh amathalal
- Cows caught, gajanan mishra
- Discovering God's Will, Tom Zart
- Shining later, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)