Some may wonder if a soulmate can be a real thing or not.
Or if it's a sick and twisted novel without conclusion or plot.
If true... then where exactly do they fit in?
Did they skip an important chapter, and not know where to begin.
Many ideas skirt close to it - I'm sure,
Like feelings of deja vu, and having known each other before.
Similar interests.. too make a good ring,
But still not quite it... there's more than those things.
At times you may know each others thoughts without speaking,
Email or phone each other seconds apart from just thinking.
Same religious beliefs are too an added plus,
But dig deeper, shed light, on this mystery we must.
You may know each others needs without even asking,
Care so much for each other... in true love you're basking.
Talk over lunch with only your eyes,
The language of love in quiet disguise.
The first time you met and things were so instantaneous,
And intimate expressions that finale simultaneous.
It's more than this I think we both know,
But easily recall times... like making love in the snow.
It's more enduring in nature, a deeper connection,
Complete love, complete trust, and uninhibited expression.
It's to never get offended or easily provoked,
Would merely waste time, damage, and take toll.
Desires and dreams each day are fulfilled,
Wanting to grow old together your goal and your will.
Stockpiling memories and living without regret,
Caring more about giving, than what each might get.
There are those that will connect so thoughtfully and deeply,
That you know it's beyond just attraction physically.
Meeting half way, and not looking back... even ever,
And knowing that's where, as one, you came together.
As a single life-force with common purpose you see,
Would be the embrace locked in time for eternity.
Devotion to enduring expression of romantic interdependence,
'Soulmates Forever'. Your novels last sentence!
Brent Terry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Soulmates Forever by Brent Terry )
- soon. chapter 1, Mandolyn ...
- Dragon King Daughter, Tim caffery
- LONE LADY, vidyut chakraborty
- Psalm 070, Forrest Hainline
- What is said in autobiography, gajanan mishra
- The weird erotica, Marcel Aouizerate
- Acting Judge, Tim caffery
- Your lovely smile, Jesus James Llorico
- Past Reloaded, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Truest Love., Achill Ladd
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)