He travelled far and journeyed wide,
To find those with a spark inside,
Each one a sacred gift of love,
A soul descended from above.
He found her in a dark despair,
Lost in a world with none to care,
Her bright eyes drowning in her tears,
This slave to weaker people's fears.
He told her that she held a spark,
A light to guide her through the dark,
This power she'd hid for too long,
The chorus to her siren's song.
He took her hand and held it tight,
To save her from the dark of night,
Their bond beyond all love and lust,
A sanctuary of hope and trust.
He watched her dream in silent sleep,
Her mind still gripped by pain so deep,
A broken doll so incomplete.
This fallen angel at his feet.
He took her from the world she knew,
Towards the dawn of life anew,
Another land beyond the stars,
To mend her wings and heal her scars.
He helped her grow across the years,
As slowly they allayed her fears,
Until she spread her wings at last,
And left her old life in the past.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Soulseer by Arik Fletcher )
- There are veins of gold embedded, Little Eagle McGowan
- Yours Desire for High Sky, Aftab Alam
- Oh, The Cautious Heart, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Torrential Downpour, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- bo-tox, lee fones
- Music The Heart's Harp Sings, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Opposite Worlds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Demain, Randy Resh
- A disease......, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Your Loving Words, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Wait, Galway Kinnell
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1927)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)