Christina Georgina Rossetti
Some are laughing, some are weeping;
She is sleeping, only sleeping.
Round her rest wild flowers are creeping;
There the wind is heaping, heaping
Sweetest sweets of Summer's keeping.
By the corn-fields ripe for reaping.
There are lilies, and there blushes
The deep rose, and there the thrushes
Sing till latest sunlight flushes
In the west; a fresh wind brushes
Through the leaves while evening hushes.
There by day the lark is singing
And the grass and weeds are springing;
There by night the bat is winging;
There for ever winds are bringing
Far-off chimes of church-bells ringing.
Night and morning, noon and even,
Their sound fills her dreams with Heaven:
The long strife at lent is striven:
Till her grave-bands shall be riven
Such is the good portion given
To her soul at rest and shriven.
Christina Georgina Rossetti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sound Sleep by Christina Georgina Rossetti )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I Am A Robot, You Are A Robot And We Two.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 42, Angela Khristin Brown
- Heebie-jeebie, lee fones
- Street Urchin, Babatunde Aremu
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- Street Culture, Angela Khristin Brown
- 1969, Angela Khristin Brown
- Reap & Sow, Angela Khristin Brown
- Save The Girl Child Of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Martin Luther King Jr., Angela Khristin Brown