I saw a famous man eating soup.
I say he was lifting a fat broth
Into his mouth with a spoon.
His name was in the newspapers that day
Spelled out in tall black headlines
And thousands of people were talking about him.
When I saw him,
He sat bending his head over a plate
Putting soup in his mouth with a spoon.
Read poems about / on: people
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Soup by Carl Sandburg )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Be Quick About It, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You delight my life, Amitie Abedi
- i need an aneurysm when i'm next to you, Mandolyn Davidson
- WITHIN MY HEART, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Secret Of The Angels, David Harris
- Differences of Opinion, Sandra Feldman
- Quarrelsome Man, Syed Ahmed Shah
- 'you belong to the sea', Mandolyn Davidson
- i'd offer you a drink, but all i have ar.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Prime Truth - 25, Pranab K. Chakraborty