Source of Revenue and Allocation
Town, city, or county
A state, or a country
Depends on taxes to support
Basic infrastructure systems.
Income they generate from
Taxes on income, sales, property
Toll on roads and so on
To pay for needs of people.
It's duty of citizens to pay
Their dues, their fair share
To receive support for schools
Transport and communications.
Gross income from all sources
Help in overall maintenance
It's not necessary to reveal
What taxes pay for what sector.
It pains me to note in a case
A city announced raising price
Of cigarette packets sold
To support funding of schools.
It's a clear conflict of interest
As smoking's discouraged on one hand
On the other hand need more sales
Of cigarettes to support education.
Linking source to an activity
Clearly affects the morale
Of people who support the system
And those who receive the benefit.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Source of Revenue and Allocation by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Creators, Midnights Voice
- Without You..! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan
- I'm not fine without you, Pijush Biswas
- P08222014, Andy Caldwell
- Simple Thought, Tim Holmes Jr
- A Glowing Angel, Rohit Sapra
- Fire Balls, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- AL-KATTAB (A PLACE USED TO BE AN ALTERNA.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I lack true knowledge, gajanan mishra
- THE INEVITABLE DEATH, AMADU KAMARA