Source of Revenue and Allocation
Town, city, or county
A state, or a country
Depends on taxes to support
Basic infrastructure systems.
Income they generate from
Taxes on income, sales, property
Toll on roads and so on
To pay for needs of people.
It's duty of citizens to pay
Their dues, their fair share
To receive support for schools
Transport and communications.
Gross income from all sources
Help in overall maintenance
It's not necessary to reveal
What taxes pay for what sector.
It pains me to note in a case
A city announced raising price
Of cigarette packets sold
To support funding of schools.
It's a clear conflict of interest
As smoking's discouraged on one hand
On the other hand need more sales
Of cigarettes to support education.
Linking source to an activity
Clearly affects the morale
Of people who support the system
And those who receive the benefit.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Source of Revenue and Allocation by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Unlimited Beauty, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- A Quarrel, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Lighthouse by the Sea, Mary Bone
- Imagination's Gardens, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Betrayed, Vanessa Parodia
- meri zingagi ek kahaani bn gyi, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- Nighttime Visions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A song of sadness, Vanessa Parodia
- Eternal Wanderlust, Leah Ayliffe
- star came to me, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER