There was a young gal from Regina
Who planted a rose in her ______.
Said, I’ll bet I’m the only ho’s
Who’s cultivating such a rose
From here to Shanghai, China.
I know it’s a lot for the mind to hurdle
But as sure as my name is Myrtle
I’ve run out of room
For even one more bloom,
At least it’s in a place that is fertile.
She seldom wears any clothes
Just why everybody knows
But she has lots of fun
Basking in the sun.
They call her The Southern Rose.
It’s the best flower I ever bought her
As she’s also the gardener’s daughter.
She takes good care
Of her flower down there
And it never lacks for water.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Southern Rose by George Hunter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- tera didar wo, Yashvardhan Goel
- My bloody heart!, Vinaya Joseph
- Cobwebs, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Gifts of Aging, Liilia Talts Morrison
- You Will...! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan
- Anjani Si Shikayat, Yashvardhan Goel
- Police station, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- dard sehkar bhi, Yashvardhan Goel
- Three Coins For Her Love, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Unknown life's beauty, binod bastola