Shy sand grain
languorously lying beneath breeze-touched palm tree
hungry and thirsty.
Frothing, foaming, yearning northern night wave encapsulates.
Eyes, hands, mouths clash.
Contact on the shore.
Tongue and thigh, thigh and tongue pulse.
One timid sand grain hotly rides one bold wave making sensuous night music.
Lusty blossoms sway, rippling cheer.
Shared silken vocal ranges amid pink and red décor.
Nestled amid this tranquil island perfumed wild apples tremble.
Southern sultry roses blush.
The harp sobs echoing in the summer air, while his white-capped tower nestles in her warm showers – ebb and flow.
A repetition of love and a red tickle, then, blinking, nodding like satiated sages succumbing to sleep southern sand embraces northern night wave.
Michelle Kafka's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Southern Sand by Michelle Kafka )
- Endless game, hasmukh amathalal
- Seasonings of Sense, Mae AC.
- War And Not To Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ISRO's MOM in Mars - Congrats to Indian .., Dr John Celes
- Free on the Breeze, Thomas Plotz
- Gather strength, hasmukh amathalal
- INDIA! INDIA!, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Morning, Sara Hopkins
- My India (Hindi) भारत अपना, S.D. TIWARI
- from 'The Double' VIII, Morgan Michaels
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)