..i was caught unaware...
..was too timid but for her did i gulp the fear..
..when she spoke i quivered...
...my body went numb as i shivered..
..but still i gathered courage and dared..
..because i wanted her to know how much i cared..
..her words that showered with care...
..i felt ' special ' for the secrets she did share..
..when she spoke about her past...
..my heart started beating very fast..
..as time went by it started to unfold..
..she was the 'one' with a heart of gold..
..for her i was ready to face the guillotine..
..endure whatever even if my heart did whine...
..though i knew i was nothing less than a swine..
..in her i started seeing the shades of my ' valentine '..
..my past relationships have been a sham..
..don't want this ' special ' one to slam..
...that's why we are the best of friends..
...i will let her know wen my search ends...
..until that moment in the darkness do i grope..
..what keep me going is a mirage called ' hope '..
..i ask myself..is this the beginning of something to bloom..
.. see the clouds clearing and the death of gloom..
..but i will always live with one biggest regret..
..that is the sin i committed of making her ' wait '..
;) :) : (
Rigzin Namgyal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Special by Rigzin Namgyal )
- The corner that cuts you, Lev Brekhman
- Images, Lev Brekhman
- The internet, Lev Brekhman
- Blue hell, Lev Brekhman
- Nec plus ultra, Lev Brekhman
- The day, Lev Brekhman
- From darkness to darkness, Dr. Ramesh Chandra Mukhopadh ..
- Yellow, Lev Brekhman
- On the beach, Lev Brekhman
- After the apocalypse, Lev Brekhman
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- The Brook, Alfred Lord Tennyson
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)