Spit that Blood
Spit that blood from your mouth
whats it like to feel alive?
The drugs pumping through your veins
wake your mind like never before,
and you dance like an animal.
And your aching fists
testify to your dark thrill
and you fight like an animal.
You raised this monster out
to feel the thrill of survival
but now as you lie on the floor,
degenerate creature panting
dying, breathing, living,
you fear yourself and the potential inside
and now you realise, there is more to life than death.
Emmanuel Stone's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Spit that Blood by Emmanuel Stone )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- नोँसोर फैफिनबाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Love Letters on Leaves, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Halved, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- Gathering Rosebuds, Doyen Lingua
- My Stallion, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- Hooker Nadine Gordimer, Richard Thripp
- swallow, mina lotfi
- hey ass-wipe, i love you, Mandolyn ...
- The Mystery Of Word, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Men who see no day, Zimba Sundrogo