He walks in splendour of the crowns,
Kings are dark and collected,
Around the dignified angels and archangels,
Fixing their abode on the very rich and wealthy.
One shadow escapes after another,
Stars at night repair the folly of shadows
That cascade on the deals of royalty,
Discovery of a gigantic star is in the air.
Let the pure and expensive be comforted
By the very rich and excellent,
The thought of highness scrapes them,
And blushing men and women escape.
The final night has collapsed,
Lulling the following days,
Finding a dear man who is crazy when sad
And fitting to be called a rested minister.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Splendid Crown by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Haiku: Another Physics Haiku, Brian Johnston
- Windermere, Paul Gerard Reed
- Vijay Vishal As An Indian English Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- American Bureaucracy, Darwin Henry Beuning
- An Old Man's Review.., richard harris
- Fallout from the War on Women, Donal Mahoney
- ETERNALITY, Satish Verma
- Rape, gajanan mishra
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck
- Love's labor lost, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR