Spunky Country Folks
They've rolled up the rug from the living room floor,
There's grape juice punch on the table,
Elderberry pies, butter cookies and more,
Lump candy from the springtime maple.
Over in the corner in her mamma's arms,
Baby girl hears the nice fiddle.
Neighborhood musicians have come from their farms,
Her daddy is there in the middle.
Fill up the floor and do an allamanda left,
All the way around the circle.
Mandolin hopeful tremoloing his best,
Distracted by that girl in purple.
Little ones are sleepin' on a pile of coats,
The band plays a cowboy ballad?
Livin' close to nature, spunky country folks,
And humbly unaware of their talents.
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Spunky Country Folks by Connie Yost )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- SI NJE LIS I DJEGUR, skender iljaz braka
- Vajza e bibliotekës., skender iljaz braka
- Guru Purnima, Hardik Vaidya
- Lanes, john tiong chunghoo
- T'U KTHEVA, O DET …, skender iljaz braka
- Trishtim i bukurisë, skender iljaz braka
- Tingujt e harruar.., skender iljaz braka
- Prime Truth - 22, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prej luftës jam kthyer.., skender iljaz braka
- dhe une vdes per ty, skender iljaz braka