Many are the stages from the cradle to the grave -
Diversities in journey to each of us God gave.
Within each stage of journey lies paths that one can choose-
Depending on the chosen path, we either gain or lose.
Confusion and perplexity may sometimes come our way-
Despondency and sadness may sometimes waste our day.
Among each stage of journey, there's One we cannot see-
Our guide and our companion near He'll always be.
Giving rest when we are weary, giving joy when we are sad,
Comforting and consoling, each broken heart made glad.
Along this present journey looms chance for eternal wealth-
Along this present journey is choice of immortal health.
Deceptions and distractions along this journey lie-
Illusions of elation, beckon you and I.
Depending on the choice one makes determines what will be-
In the stage that's soon to follow, for all eternity.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stages by Madelyn Yanchyshyn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Darkness of the Day, Pintu Mahakul
- A cigar aficionado, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The City, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Heartless, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- A Certain Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Brel2, David McLansky
- Untouched, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Being Enriched, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If we meet again, Mellinda Aimee Jajalla
- Wondering How To Find Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak