George Gordon Byron
Stanzas To A Hindoo Air
Oh! my lonely--lonely--lonely--Pillow!
Where is my lover? where is my lover?
Is it his bark which my dreary dreams discover?
Far--far away! and alone along the billow?
Oh! my lonely-lonely-lonely-Pillow!
Why must my head ache where his gentle brow lay?
How the long night flags lovelessly and slowly,
And my head droops over thee like the willow!
Oh! thou, my sad and solitary Pillow!
Send me kind dreams to keep my heart from breaking,
In return for the tears I shed upon thee waking;
Let me not die till he comes back o'er the billow.
Then if thou wilt--no more my lonely Pillow,
In one embrace let these arms again enfold him,
And then expire of the joy-but to behold him!
Oh! my lone bosom!-oh! my lonely Pillow!
George Gordon Byron's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stanzas To A Hindoo Air by George Gordon Byron )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I'm Explaining a Few Things, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Expressly For A Friend..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Welcome Love, Sari Mavi
- Wrongdoing, Leong Ming Loong
- Beyond Emerald City...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Many Buffalomen & The Bullock-cartmen To.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Raucous, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The resting place, Emmanuel George Cefai
- History writes, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Bihar of The Third-class People (Not All.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A chapel dilapidated, Emmanuel George Cefai