Under the moon,
in the starry night,
there is a melody spreading throughout the light.
In the shining night,
I hear a song,
but it won't be here for long.
I have to here that heavenly voice,
but it will be my only choice.
I make that choice,
to follow the voice,
then I will get the chance to rejoice.
I see a hill.
With the light standing still,
I saw a girl singing by a distant mill.
I saw the girl within the night,
singing with all her might under the light.
I heard the song by the shallow sea.
I will always remember the starlight melody.
Casey Jarrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Starlight Melody by Casey Jarrell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Mystery Of Word, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Men who see no day, Zimba Sundrogo
- Handsome and king, hasmukh amathalal
- Stoned by sadness, Nalini Chaturvedi
- The Goodness of a Life-mate (Section-6 .., rajendran muthiah
- Heart to, hasmukh amathalal
- An Ode to my Tree, Kelly Curiel
- foliage, snehanair manikkath
- Love Lures Life! - sonnet-, Manjeshwari P MYSORE
- Yamashita/Medina Standard, Richard Thripp