We went to Dee’s for dinner
& I got into her medicine cabinet.
I floated through dessert
like a starry night. My internist,
a good guy, really, but he wears
these beads & tells stupid jokes.
I kept dropping hints-
I pee all night. I break things.
I forgot a jacket somewhere.
Would Valium help? Or
something stronger? He acts
like I’m Van Gogh waving
a butter knife. Remember
Joni Mitchell? How she
kidded around? Hey, man,
do “Starry Night” again, man.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Starry Night by Jefferson Carter )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- A Spray of Water: Tanka [the hot water in], Chimako Tada
- Person of the Playful Star: Tanka [I lis.., Chimako Tada
- Love Whips You on Naked Back, Harindhar Reddy
- ~I'm Going Home~, E Nigma
- Smile poem love, Elius Rubby
- The Birds and the Fish Cry out in the Fa.., Harindhar Reddy
- Bad Grandpa, Tom Zart
- train my heart to rise like yeast and my.., Mandolyn ...
- Just Listen, Peter Johnson
- Carolina Summer, Raymond A. Foss