RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Discarded like a tattered piece of paper thrown upon the ground,
all usefulness is gone, there is no reason to be anymore.
Left alone, forgotten, abandoned, for someone else has landed
your attention, tripping and falling no longer able to function.
There is no more light within my being, the candle put there
has been blown out.
All that's left behind are wisps of smoke, dwindling also into
What is done is gone and past, yet there is no where else to go,
I have entirely spent myself.
Forgiving no one, looking not for sympathy, preparing for the
death of me within an unsightly tomb of tears.
Crystal lighted, shining everywhere, it is only a reminder that
once upon a time love was here.
Now it has been cast out, not bothering to go out of self and
start again, staying confined here within myself.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Staying Confined by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I Am Human, Marites C. Cayetano
- Is Isolation, Rohit Sapra
- I wouldn't ask more, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Let It Be Fatal, Deanna Lee
- A Blue Christmas Tree, Heather Burns
- Mother, and mother, gajanan mishra
- Father To A Daughter, louis rams
- James Foley, Hardik Vaidya
- Cowards, Hardik Vaidya
- Ye duniya jiski hai wohi sambhale- Ghazal, Talab ...