No gift is so precious.
The waters of the day may become troubled,
And the lightnings of the wrath of sorrow
May crash about thee, while the dissonant thunder
Of complication confuses thee,
And disturbes thy soul, yet like a beacon,
Like the Northstar, like the hand of God- -
Is the supporting strength of Steadfastness!
Behold I am a queen upon a throne,
Upheld by them that love me!
And the caskets of their gifts are full.
I drink the wine of sorrow, sweetened by
The honey of their love. Behold- -
I see the face of God within theirs!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Steadfastness by Patience Worth )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Massasauga Saga - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- givesthewholegameaway, sEaN nOrTh
- Elegy of a crafted death, Shruti Goswami
- The Resting Mind!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- Morning Mist and Clouds, Ananta Madhavan
- All Equal, A.j. Binash
- Letting Go, Electric Lady
- नोँसोर फैफिनबाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Love Letters on Leaves, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Halved, Raihana Abdul Jabbar