No gift is so precious.
The waters of the day may become troubled,
And the lightnings of the wrath of sorrow
May crash about thee, while the dissonant thunder
Of complication confuses thee,
And disturbes thy soul, yet like a beacon,
Like the Northstar, like the hand of God- -
Is the supporting strength of Steadfastness!
Behold I am a queen upon a throne,
Upheld by them that love me!
And the caskets of their gifts are full.
I drink the wine of sorrow, sweetened by
The honey of their love. Behold- -
I see the face of God within theirs!
Patience Worth's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Steadfastness by Patience Worth )
- Life 12, mohammad zaher
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.29, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.28, Monk E. Biz
- A profession, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.27, Monk E. Biz
- 'Not mine', Elena Sandu
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.26, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.25, Monk E. Biz
- Lips, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.24, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)