Stephen Harper: could you get us death-with-dignity soon?
And maybe binding referendums for our Senate commune,
We could get rid of them in one easy referendum vote,
And show them that they are not so isolated and remote.
They say you’re doing a good job but we’re not all so inclined,
With this ongoing Senate scandal playing on my mind.
I realize you’re busy meeting with our Conservative friends,
But they’re stirring up shit in the Senate and we have to make amends.
They never attracted much attention but now they scream out loud,
Let’s get rid of them so that once again, we can feel proud,
And referendums and death with dignity could make our day,
Get you another ten years to the left-wing dismay.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Stephen Harper by James Bredin )
- Chibok Blues, Tony Adah
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt
- The Wall of Water Falls, Brandt Nightingale
- Prayer of Ruin, Luke J. Holt
- Sweet Memories, Lilly Emery
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell