Stephen Harper: could you get us death-with-dignity soon?
And maybe binding referendums for our Senate commune,
We could get rid of them in one easy referendum vote,
And show them that they are not so isolated and remote.
They say you’re doing a good job but we’re not all so inclined,
With this ongoing Senate scandal playing on my mind.
I realize you’re busy meeting with our Conservative friends,
But they’re stirring up shit in the Senate and we have to make amends.
They never attracted much attention but now they scream out loud,
Let’s get rid of them so that once again, we can feel proud,
And referendums and death with dignity could make our day,
Get you another ten years to the left-wing dismay.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Stephen Harper by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Autism gets in the way, Katinka Havermans
- Withdrawal, Katinka Havermans
- Hills, Jack Growden
- A Carnation and a Tango, Sandra Feldman
- last day, ademola oluwabusayo
- Some soft feelings, Lalitha Narayanan
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid
- A Friend's Promise, diana rose tolentino
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta