A ring, a rap at the door and you were
there you were in all your gory glory.
The start-up bars to Don Juan's last affair
(when the hard-put servant, content till now to obey
and catch crumbs of pleasure from the master table,
repents-high-tails for cover, crying out loud) :
fearful, hellish, see-what-it-cost-you words
tearful, garish, see-what-it-lost-you chords
blared in my ears. Off sailed a darkling cloud,
wailing, from my brow. 'How's everything', I smiled,
for all that; a gold, light-as-air cloth, besequined,
flew from my mouth, partially grazing your head,
and fluttered to the floor behind you, oh so dead.
'Good to see you after all this time come in'.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stone Guest by Morgan Michaels )
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- fortress of solutude, ademola oluwabusayo
- Never Feeling The Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Change Is Needed, Edward Kofi Louis
- How Can She Learn?, Edward Kofi Louis