Stonehenge (the real story)
In days of yore,
When the glaciers were here,
The land was frozen to the core,
And the pubs were out of beer.
But then the ice retreated,
The Celts roamed free,
Some rejoiced and remained seated,
Others danced around a tree,
The greening of the grass,
The budding of the trees,
Caused insects to amass,
And the Celts were stung by bees.
The bees in Wiltshire had a great colony,
It was two hundred feet tall.
And had a big balcony.
But the Celts wanted a shopping mall.
The Celts demolished the beehive,
And replaced it with Stonehenge,
It ruined the bees' solstice-aligned drive,
And they wanted revenge.
So while the Celts were sleeping,
The bees shuffled the stones.
The next day they drove away the Celts
And surrounded the place with drones.
On that day the meaning was lost,
Stonehenge was no longer a shop.
For millennia visitors would pay a cost,
To wonder at history's first supermarket flop.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stonehenge (the real story) by Sebastian Seal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Edward Housman
(26 March 1859 – 30 April 1936)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Gerard Manley Hopkins
(28 July 1844 – 8 June 1889)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Tears Of Love II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Pumpkin Pie, Ima Ryma
- '' Even Animals Look After Their Own '', bri mar
- With The Works Of Your Hands, Edward Kofi Louis
- On Earth Humans, Sari Mavi
- Being Exposed, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ignorance.., SALINI NAIR
- Sweet Tea!, Edward Kofi Louis
- John Masefield - Vagabundo, Paul Abucean
- The Warped Human Minds, rajendran muthiah