Story of a cursed angel bird
An angelic bird,
Born to a Godly couple in a heaven,
Merrily singing and playing all the day,
Never knew cruel world outside.
A celestial Bird, knew no sin,
Eventually grown into a all smiley,
Beautiful and ever cheerful young one,
Yet with all virtues…gentle, sensible,
Loving, caring……just like her parents.
There comes another young bird,
Calling from a far land, different (?) family.
A heavenly bird, distracted by
Its different color, voice…..a fatal attraction!
Started flying together to a different world.
A cheerful singing bird,
Initially puzzled with all ‘difference’
Slowly realizing the cruelty of a new world, persons there!
Trying to coop up in a hellous life,
Tolerated all silently, forgotten its divine voice.
A bird laden with all love, kindness
In its blood, now drained off.
Dried veins left with only pain and suffering,
Oh! Its Godly bird, so it can never stop
Doing good to its partner bird, rule of divine parents!
But now the fellow bird, after a decade,
Wants to fly away from that singing bird,
From whom it learnt flying skills!
The crook bird after grabbing her colorful feathers,
Draining her divine rhythm, wants escape.
The heavenly family with their wounded
Little song bird (now muted) , all mourning.
Family knowing know sin, vices
Still preaching and practicing good.
Cause it’s the rule of heaven.
The heartbroken bird, with its little one
Lost belief in people and goodness,
Becoming an atheist.
What a tragedy,
Heavenly bird paying for no mistake of her.
Ambrosia Ambrosia's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Story of a cursed angel bird by Ambrosia Ambrosia )
- An Act Of Hope, John Beaumont
- I wish, nishca koeries
- The Anklet, Evie Shockley
- An Act Of Contrition, John Beaumont
- TO THE GOLD STARS OF THE POEM HUNTER SIT.., M.D Dinesh Nair
- I dream therefore I am, Chenou Liu
- On Ascension Day, John Beaumont
- Disciple, Evie Shockley
- An Ode Of The Blessed Trinitie, John Beaumont
- A Sonnet For Stanley Tookie Williams, Evie Shockley
Poem of the Day
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- From 'The Testament of Beauty', Robert Seymour Bridges
(1886 - 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)